Week 4 - Resist Complacency
Click on the songs below to share in our weekend worship.
Watch the message below from the weekend.
Proverbs 1:32 "For the waywardness of the inexperienced will kill them, and the complacency of the fools will destroy them."
Hebrews 5:11-12 “About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food..."
Revelation 2:4 "But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first."
Revelation 3:14-16 "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!"
The easiest thing to do is to get comfortable. But it's the worst thing you could do to your faith.
The threats of spiritual inertia:
When you focus on other things besides Jesus, you drift away. That drifting is something that happens slowly, without recognition, until there comes a point when you realize how far you have drifted. This is where that Revelation bible verse comes in, "That you have abandoned the love you had at first." The first love you had with Jesus, the kind that makes growth exciting. But as you drift slowly, other things in life take up your mind and time. Jobs, activities, friends, being accepted, wanting love, etc. Be SO careful of the slow drift! Be on guard to fight for your relationship with Jesus.
Be on guard of the spiritual drifting signs >
- Satisfaction with superficiality (The things that don't last or bring real value/worth to your life)
- Tension in key relationships in your life (This tension can look differently, like the relationship isn't as satisfying as it once was, comparison in the relationship, no growth together, etc.)
- No time to worship (Valued time is given away to other things rather than spending time with God)
- Loss of gratitude (Seem to find more to complain about in life rather than be thankful for)
- Vague sense of chronic guilt, or dis-ease (Less rest, more uneasiness)
You need to RECLAIM God's power in your life! To reclaim it:
*Rekindle the flame of your first love with God, find the passion and desire to grow with Him
*Value the time you have. Life is short, so short. You only have ONE life to live.
*Start TODAY! Never put off the impulse to make the changes necessary in life to push you, challenge you and grow you.
* Faith thrives in HOLY DISCOMFORT. It's good to get uncomfortable where you are, that means change is coming - and it's your choice to allow the change to be for growth in your relationship with Jesus.
If you are in need of prayer, fill out an online prayer request here.